Thursday, February 14, 2008

Who is this handsome man?

The title refers back to a story from my childhood. I went through a phase where making videos was simply awesome. We still had the huge video camera that was about 3 times as big as my head and took real size videotape. I didn’t really like being in front of the camera, and with good reason, that was one of Molly’s super ugly stages. Poor girl. But, Bryan was probably about 5 years old and I loved to make him do silly things and videotape him. He was still pretty submissive and would do whatever I told him to including willingly putting a rubber band around his face so it help his nose up like a pig and crawl around snorting. I specifically remember one shot I zoomed in right on his face (I had no concept of how far is “too far” to zoom in) and the shot is right up his rubbed banded nose he is just grinning from ear to ear, fully unaware of the blackmailing potential this tape would have later. So back to the title… In another shot I had him hold up his scrapbook and go through the 8x10 pictures of him and I made him say, “Oh, my! Who IS this Handsome man? Oh, why it’s me!” To hear adorable baby Bry say it is totally priceless. He’s a great actor. If you ever come to Idaho you’ll have to watch the video.

The reason for the post is to showcase that handsome man once again. Here is a picture that my Mothey sent me from the dance he went to on Saturday. Look at that Tux! Doesn’t he look great? He’s growing up so fast, and let me warn you, he’s funny too! (As demonstrated by his idea to take this picture).


I also thought that this picture would be a prime way to introduce to you a little more about the “Mason Family Way” for those of you who are unfortunate enough to only know me and might not fully understand the family yet. This picture is taken by our front door. That’s right, we have “May the force be with you,” the famous quote from Star Wars, on the inside of our front door. And it has blessed many that have crossed that threshold. We think of it as the Mason’s version of “Return With Honor” or “Remember who you are.” It makes for a lot of laughs and unsure looks from first time visitors. I still remember when my Mothey was trying to decide which saying to put up there. She’s not really in to Star Wars herself, but she suggested it and I immediately knew there would be no other quote that would make me as happy as that one would. And I wasn’t let down.

3 comments:

Kristine said...

I love the Star Wars quote! You're family is awesome. I love reading your blog, because you are so funny and a great story-teller! Keep it up!

Anna said...

Yeah I like that sign in your house a lot, and I can see him doing that. He was a ton of fun that night too.

Anna said...

I know that you taught him everything he knows. He has told me all the time that you teach him new moves and then he teaches them to me. I think the only things you haven't taught him is what he learned in ballroom. You guys look alot alike. It's cute