Tuesday, February 5, 2008

More Snow in Ogden

The snow just doesn’t stop, and I’m loving it. They had to cancel school for Weber State last Friday because the snow was so bad and this last Sunday we had an enormous snowstorm. So I woke up Sunday morning, got myself all dolled up for church and headed out to my car. The snow was coming down in large flakes and was looking absolutely beautiful. I had just barely enough time to get to church for my meeting so I hopped in my Explorer confident that my 4 wheel drive could handle getting out of the drive way without shoveling it. Well the X probably would have been able to make it out had we shoveled the driveway from the last storm, but two storms piled up gave her a run for her money. Still determined to plow my way through the snow, I figured that since the drive way was downhill, I would just keep my speed up and I’d be fine. It worked fine and dandy for quite sometime. Then my car just stopped moving. I couldn’t go back and I couldn’t go forward at all. She was really stuck. With all this snow, this was the first time my 4 wheel dirve had let me down. In fact it's the only time I can ever remember getting stuck in this car. So I resolved that I should go in the house and change and get the shovel. I went to open my door and I couldn’t. The snow was piled higher than the door. I ended up pushing about 5 inches of snow out of the way before I could even get out. So then I ran through thigh deep snow in my skirt and church shoes to my house. To top it all off I even fell in the snow and got covered. It was a little chilly!

Well looking at the pictures you can tell that my car wasn’t going anywhere quickly…


It took Anna and I about 45 minutes to dig it out, but we did it all on our own and my dad would have been so proud of his little girl. Well, maybe not if he had known how deep the snow was that I tried to drive through! It was snowing the entire time and my hair looked like I just got out of the shower and my makeup was all smeared (sorry no picture).

We were laughing the whole time and making the best of it. Also, while we were shoveling Anna yelled from the other side of the car, “Molly, You’ve got to see what’s over here!” I ran around the car to see Anna holding something… Panties! I laughed in shock thinking, “Who in the world would throw their panties on our driveway?” To which she asked, “Well, are they yours?” I was appalled. I wanted to reply with, “Oh yeah, Must have left them out here last time I shoveled the driveway in the buff!” Then I began to look closer. They were my panties!!! What in the world were my panties doing in the driveway? We figured out that in my haste to change my clothes I had thrown on my pants from the night before and I didn’t realize my panties had slipped down into the pant leg. They must have worked their way out while I was digging out my car. I must confess it is a little embarrassing, but I’m glad it was Anna that found them and not the boys that helped us shovel out driveway later in the day!

They had to cancel most of church on Sunday and they sent the boys out to help the girls shovel their driveways. Three boys had showed up to church prepared to dig anyone out that needed it… They wore their snowpants and snowboots through sacrament meeting.

Dan, Troy, and Ben
Me in our walkway

I’m very grateful for the help we had. It was neat to truly spend the Sabbath in the service of our fellow men. Once they helped us with ours we shoveled a few more neighbors driveways and it never ceases to amaze me how good service feels. At least that day, not so much the day afterwards. My back is so sore from having to throw the snow up so high over the snow piles on the edge of the yard! It’s all worth it though went I get to see the amazing beauty all around. I went to school Monday and campus was literally covered with so much snow. I wish I had taken my camera, the glistening white just looks so pure and amazing! What a gift the snow has been.

2 comments:

One Awesome Girlie! said...

Panties....Molly.....Naughty! I love it!

Jessica said...

Wow Moll! That's a lot of snow. I got to say I don't really miss it.
-Rhett