Thursday, February 28, 2008

*NSYNC Love

Okay it’s confession time. I love *NSYNC! There was a time in my life that you might even dare to say that I was obsessed with them… Let me elaborate. I don’t exactly remember when I fell in love with them, but I distinctly remember my friend Christie bringing over their first CD and listening to it in my basement for the first time and I was jealous I didn’t have my own CD. She went to a concert of theirs that year and invited me. I still remember it was $10. I realized the concert was on my dad’s birthday so I declined and didn’t even bother asking my parents. Only to talk to my mom about it later and have her respond with, “Are you kidding me? You should have gone!” I was really disappointed.


My love grew as my friend Jordan Mecham and I bonded over their music and good looks. My celebrity crush was JC Chasez (From *NSYNC) for the longest time. Hers was actually Josh Hartnett but in order for us to obsess over *NSYNC she has a closed second place crush of Lance Bass (also in *NSYNC). We knew everything about our celebrity crushes and talked about them as if they were our best friends. One year we even threw a birthday part for JC. His birthday is August 8th. We decided to eat Chinese Food because it was JC’s favorite. I didn’t even like Chinese food at this time but I made myself eat the entire meal with chopsticks because I was convinced that’s what he would do if here were there. After lots of practice and thinking of JC every time I got a lot better at using them. This actually turned out quite well because I know how to use chopsticks now, a skill that has impressed many dates. Our Birthday party also consisted of watching Indiana Jones (His favorite trilogy) and playing the *NSYNC backstage pass game that we had to borrow from Jordan’s little sister. Of course the party ended with a sleepover so we could gush over our *NSYNC crushes!

Another fond memory I have is finally obtaining my ever coveted Larger than life *NSYNC poster. Ever since I saw it in the Barnes and Noble window display I wanted it. It was a advertising poster for their new CD and it was huge! You couldn’t buy the posters you just had to call the store and beat all of the other little girls that wanted it to put your name on it. I remember frantically calling so many stores and the one that I finally got it from was in Twin Falls (hours away from where I lived). A family friend had to go pick it up for me. I loved this poster so much when I got it! I hung it on my wall and it stayed there for a long time. When I moved away to college, Bryan moved into my room. I couldn’t bare to let him take it down so for the first year I was at college Bryan had to have a poster at least 5ft x 5ft on his wall of the *NSYNC boys! This is what it looks like. (My favorite, besides JC, is the creepy grandma on the right side)


Well I have only been to one concert of theirs, but it was amazing and I have collected anything *NSYNC I can get my hands on. I have a box at home filled with my treasures. Recently I received the crowning piece to my collection. Thus the reason for my post.

Last week I get a text message from Jon and it says, “Hey you love nsync and stuff right? So do you know all their names?” I responded with “Of course! Names, birthdates, favorite foods, what do you need to know?” The rest of the details of the conversation aren’t too important, what is important is that Joey Fatone (From *NSYNC that recently took second on Dancing with the Stars) was skiing at Wolf Mountain with his wife and daughter! He had rented skis for his daughter from the shop where Jon works. In defense of Jon’s manhood, he didn’t even know who it was until the ticket ladies came and told him. I couldn’t believe it Jon had conversed with one of my adolescent idols. The good news of the story doesn’t stop there. Jon managed to get Joey autograph and surprised me with it! I know you all wanted to see it so here it is…


Joey Fatone wrote my name… and I’m pretty sure it says Love, Joey Fatone. We’re pretty much BFF now. To make it even better it’s on the back of the snow report for that day. So, I’m not obsessed with *NSYNC anymore but I will admit this was a pretty exciting event. I mean come on… it’s Joey Fatone! So thanks Jon for the autograph- you’re the best! I love my life!

4 comments:

Bekah and Lance said...

How sweet for you!! I remember many times listening to *NYSNC in your explorer back in high school.... :)

Anna said...

I used to love NSYNC too. That is awesome that you got his autograph. My favorite boy was always Justin Timberlake though, and I still love him! haha You missed a ton of fun by not coming to that dance with me and Bryan while you were here. ;) Maybe next time? :)

One Awesome Girlie! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
One Awesome Girlie! said...

Jon was so excited to give that to you! lol! I was obsessed with them as well! I think that we all were! I still love them! I know... a little cheezy, but I do!