Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope you all have a fabulous Valentine’s Day. I hope it was full of love! I love all of you! Isn't this picture of a rose so awesome? My date for the Valentine's dance gave it to me (I'll post pictures from the dance soon). I took this picture and it turned out so good! Anyway, I’d like to tell you all about a special Valentine’s gift I got this year. My Grandma Bean (My dad’s mother) only has one darling grand daughter. Thus, I’ll admit it, she spoils me. Since I’ve been away from home at college, she has sent me care packages every few months for no reason at all except that she’s awesome and she loves me. Most of the packages include hygiene products (soap, razors, gum, etc.) we’ve started joking about them as my “dating help packages” because after receiving one such package I had two dates in one day. I love my life! But the packages also include treats and special knickknacks especially for me.

Since Valentine’s Day is never very eventful for me she never fails to send her single granddaughter a special Valentines package. I received my package a several days ago and have displayed my stuffed animal on the table and started in on eating my treats. To my surprise another package arrived in the mail a few days later. The card read…

Dearest Molly,

After I read your blog sight I felt so sorry for you and your holy socks. If I had known sooner your desperate need for socks, I would have put them in your earlier package.

Love Always,
Grandma Bean

And inside the package was a pair of adorable Valentines Day socks! She’s so funny and cute. I forgot to mention that my Grams put all these packages together in the days before she had to go into surgery, bless her heart. So thanks Grandma, You are the best. I love the socks. I wore them today for Valentines Day! I hope you are recovering well. I love you!


Thank you all for continuing to read my blog even when it’s just about my sock update!

No comments: