Tuesday, February 5, 2008

This one goes out to Brook...

Brook recently left a comment on my blog which reminded me of another funny getting scared moment. I could probably start my own blog with stories about this alone but anyway, here’s the story. So a few weeks ago, the institute had it’s winder leadership conference. It’s an overnight at a hotel in Sherwood Hills with great speakers and awesome learning experiences… and bonding experiences. So most everyone wanted to swim, Brook and I however, decided to pass and take pictures of people jumping into the pool. We might as well have gone swimming when a couple of boys came and hugged us while they were soaking wet. Thanks guys! Anyway, a dance party started later in another area of the hotel. Brook and I were going back to fetch everyone from the pool to come join us. On our way to the pool we were walking down a narrow hallway (like in a normal hotel). Then all of the sudden a boy jumps out of his room and yells “Boo!” Brook gets scared and attempts to hide behind me, what she doesn’t realize is I was not going to be of much help. I was freaking out, screaming, the whole bit. I ended up pretty much football tackling her and we ended up in a pile on the floor. Both of us so entangled I don’t know how we got up. Sorry we didn’t get a picture.

One twist that makes this scare a little bit more intriguing than the usual scare and scream (besides the fact I almost killed Brook) is that as I was falling I distinctly remember hearing myself yell, “I hate you!” at the top of my lungs. As soon as the words came out of my mouth I was astonished. I don’t really love being scared but I had never really hated anyone for scaring me before, and it wasn’t the case now either. I can't really ever remember yelling it at anyone in my entire life. I don’t know why I involuntarily yelled it at the top of my lungs now. As I looked to my attacker I realized, I had no idea who it even was. Neither of us did. He just decided to scare some random girls out of the blue, and boy did he get a surprise. I had screamed "I hate you" at am complete stranger at an institute function. I apologized and tried to explain that I didn’t really hate him and I didn’t know why I had said it. It was to no avail he was laughing too hard.

This post is dedicated to Brook, my most faithful blog reader. I love you so much girlie! For everyone else... Brook is an amazing photographer and a link to her blog is on the side bar so please go check it out, she's all around amazing.

2 comments:

One Awesome Girlie! said...

Oh, Molly....how I love you! That will forever be one of my favorite funny memories! You're too much!

One Awesome Girlie! said...

Oh dear...how long has is been since this happened and it still makes me roll! Love you!