Thursday, September 6, 2007

New Roommates- What a Party!

So the school year has started and many new changes are happening. One of the most fun ones being that I finally have 2 new roommates. Their names are Maranda and Anna, and they are fabulous! It's been fun seeing them getting used to all of my quirks I have developed while I lived alone. One of my favorite new rituals is a little thing I have affectionately named "stations." Over the summer I was leaving for work every day at 5:45 and I discovered every minute I had in the morning counted. To get as much sleep as possible, I began making my stations. It pretty much consists of the breakfast eating station (always cereal) and the lunch making station (a sandwich- usually PB&J) and sometimes a pile of things to take station. With the development of these stations I was able to get ready for work so much faster and wasn’t late as often (you can even ask my carpooling buddy Derek). I guess technically it doesn’t increase the sleep I get because I either set it up at night or when I get up, but it makes me so much less stressed in the morning and I fell in love with my stations. Also no one was there to know about them.

So… when school started I continued my stations ritual. So as I began Sunday evening to get ready for the first day of school and set up my stations. Keep in mind I can’t set up everything for every station because some has to stay in the fridge (milk & jelly), so I gathered my bowl, spoon, and vitamins for the breakfast station and then grabbed the peanut butter for the lunch station and walked over to the table to start setting it up. Maranda took one look at me and asked, “So do you eat your vitamins in a bowl of peanut butter?” Yeah, I must have looked like an idiot. But I didn’t let it discourage me and stations is still going in full force!

Maranda has been great to live with though; I’ve only had one incident where I got a bit scared. So I was in the bathroom washing my face and I noticed it… a jar with a urine colored liquid in it…. What do I do? How do you start that conversation…”How about we make a rule that we don’t keep jars of pee in the bathroom, starting today.” So, I just let it slide for a day or two and it didn’t disappear so one night while we were both in the bathroom getting ready for bed, before I could even stop the words from coming out I blurted, “Is that pee?” To which she started laughing and then looked a little embarrassed. Good news though… It is really Vitamin E oil for a scar on her leg. So just keep in mind if you use our bathroom…don’t be scared it’s not urine it’s vitamin E oil!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Molly you are killing me with all these stories, I really need to live by you again so I can lose some weight from laughter.