Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Nightmare on 13th Street

So along with Halloween comes the joys of haunted houses… as many of you may know, haunted houses scare me to death, no matter how lame they are. The lame-o Terror Ride at Lagoon still scares me every time. Our folk dance team went to Nightmare on 13th street a few weeks ago. We all got paired up with our haunted house buddy. Mine didn’t quite know what he was in for. :)

We were waiting in line and it’s like an amusement park where they have the line snake back and forth a whole bunch in this room while you’re waiting, but they have stuff there to entertain you/scare you. So we’re not even in the haunted house yet and some loud noise goes off or something to scare me and I end up freaking out, falling and laying flat on my back… in front of everyone in line. Awesome. The kid I was with, Brian, helped me up and he says, “Just try to keep a hold of my arm okay?” I think he felt silly for not catching me, which he shouldn’t cause he had no warning but it was pretty funny all the same.

So then we are in the haunted house for maybe 1 minute and we are walking down a hallway and this guy starts running at us. So without even thinking I start running backwards (still facing forward)… faster than I even knew was possible, with super human strength… dragging Brian with me, which was a feat cause he’s a tough guy. Eventually there is no more hall and I slam into the wall…hard… with Brian, and fell to the ground. I look over and… I BROKE THE WALL. That’s right I ran us into it so hard it actually broke. Awesome. Brian helped me up and says, “Man I’ve got to hold on to you better!” I think then he realized just what he was in for on this little trip. Ha ha. The rest of the house went as usual scaring the crap out of me but I didn’t break anything else. Brian was a good sport to stick with me too and try to keep me on my feet, he did say it was the best haunted house he’d ever been to… probably cause he was laughing at me the whole time.

7 comments:

Kristine said...

Sheesh, Molly I haven't laughed this hard in a long time! Your posts always make my day. You have had some exciting past few months! It's hard to move to a new place and I do the same- analyze every situation and self talk to get myself to meet people. But I know that once people get to know you, they'll be falling all over themselves to be friends with a motorcycle riding, High School Musical loving, software engineer! You are awesome.

Bekah and Lance said...

Well you're braver than me! Haunted Houses/Scary things (things that aren't really even considered scary by anyone but me) totally freak me out as well! So I just avoid them because I'm a huge whimp! Way to be tough! :)

One Awesome Girlie! said...

I totally love it! That night was great!

Lindsey said...

We'll definitely have to come down and make a little boarding trip out of it. We love when Brighton does their little $10 Wednesday night thing. I don't know what it is, I just remember we got in super cheap one time and it was a blast. So are you back to skis now? Remember when I was skiing instead of snowborading and TOTALLY bombed down the face and then biffed it SO HARD right in front of everyone in line at the end. I thought I was dead it hurt so bad. And then the fact that we HATED anyone that sat down forever on the hill. We thought it was such a waist of good snowborad time. But then one night we laid on the hill for like an hour instead of boarding. Oh man, good times.

Heather said...

I hope you haven't been having too many nightmares from your experience. At least you did it even knowing it would scare the pants off you. Maybe that is also what you are doing withe meeting new friends- taking it head on even though it might scare the pants off you! Keep at it Molly. You can do anything and are one of the best friends anyone could have. If they don't love you- they are crazy!

Erin and Corey said...

Molly, you crack me up. And I was reading your post below about awkward moments with meeting new people and talking about your job. I COMPLETELY understand!!! I was laughing so hard. I am a consultant for a analytics software program, and I get the blank stares quite often. Sounds like you and I need to sit down have a good entertaining chat about computers. You can tell me about your latest code adventures and cool shortcuts/tricks, and I'll talk about javascript and flash. Ooh yes, can't wait!!

One Awesome Girlie! said...

ps. did you notice that I look like I got the crap beat out of me in that picture! My face looks huge!lol!