Tuesday, October 28, 2008

High School Musical

One of my latest adventures was last Friday… for those of you who aren’t up on the culture of a 10 year old, it was the opening night of the movie High School Musical 3- Senior Year. Brook and I decided to go; we reserved the last two seats together. The theater was almost sold out! To make the night an even bigger success Brook bought us matching shirts that said “BFF” on them. (once again for those of you not up on the pre-teen culture, it stands for ‘Best Friends Forever’) We were originally looking for High school musical shirts, but couldn’t find any on such short notice. We went to dinner before and got quite a few stares at the matching shirts. So we showed up at the theater with a million people half our age and quite a few moms and a few dads that must have been good sports. We weren’t the only ones that dressed up for the grand event.

The movie was fabulous, listening to all of the girls squeal whenever the main character, Troy, came on the screen. I even joined in a few times. Most of the time we were laughing, fully enjoying the cheesyness of it all. But during one of the hip hop dances both of our jaws just dropped cause we fell in love with one of the dances, We vowed to learn it. :) Afterwards Brook and I talked a stranger into taking our picture by the cardboard display for the movie.

Us kissing Troy… following the example of a group of 6 year olds before us!

4 comments:

Erin said...

I LOVE TROY BOLTON!!!!!!!!! Was the dance you want to learn the one in the truck parts place...that was amazing!..my fav part..the cute little boys...LOVE IT!!!!

MissMolly said...

Oh yes it was! The dance in the junk yard... The boys are back! It's so awesome.

Bekah and Lance said...

I just love your posts! Sorry that I comment on like all of them! I'm glad to hear somebody else is a fan of HSM! Yes it is true, I liked the first two and haven't seen the 3rd one yet but plan on it. Here's something to make you laugh molly, so at young woman's the other week one of the the girls (she's 17) was complaining about how she's going to have to take her little sister to it and I pipped in shocked that they didn't want to see it. They all, including the little beehives, looked at me funny since I said I really wanted to go see it and started going off about how I love the songs an everything... I'm still convinced that they were all secretly thinking in their heads though that since "sister nebeker wants to see it, it must not be that weird that I secretly want to see it" (because you know, they all thing I'm sooo cool) :) but you know, nobody wants to seem uncool or something. I'm glad we're adults now and can just like what we like and do what we want and while we may get funny looks, it doesn't matter! Yea for that!

One Awesome Girlie! said...

Loved this night as well! Are people allowed to have this much cheesy fun together?!