Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Just Another Weekend Home

I went home for a weekend in September for my motorcycle boot camp in order to prepare me for being able to take the family vacation to Moab this year to ride dirt bikes. The weekend was fun filled and started out on Friday evening with my Mothey and I both taking our skills test to get our motorcycle endorsement on our drivers licenses. We both passed and now all of the Masons are licensed motorcycle riders! Yahoo!

When I arrived home on Friday afternoon my dad informed me that Bryan and him we going to be taking a helicopter flying lesson in the morning. He casually asked if I wanted to do it. OF COURSE! So Saturday morning we all went down to the historic Red Baron Hanger to prepare for our first helicopter lesson. The lesson went really well and the instructor was really impressed with all of our talent and said any of us would succeed if we pursued a career in flying. I felt that I caught on pretty fast to all of the controls and was soon flying it all on my own. It was such a fun experience to try something totally new. I never know what to expect when I go home!



Dad, me and Bry

So after that we came home to go out motorcycling. We went on a hard trail but I did rather well only falling a few times and breaking one motorcycle part. :) My dad said I passed, so I earned my passage to ride in Moab!

No comments: