Tuesday, January 22, 2008

WikiHow

Well, I was on the internet the other day as I am for much of my life and my eyes ran across a side bar that caught my attention…”How to Hug.” Although I think that I have a fairly good knowledge of hugging (partially due to a conversation with Rhett and his roommates!!) I couldn’t resist clicking on it. What I found was none other than a jackpot of endless crack ups. It really was a step by step on how to hug. My personal favorite part was…”Lean your torso forward and extend your arms. The girl should pick up on this: if she doesn't, pull back momentarily, just for a split second, to make sure she wants the hug. If you don't get the impression that she wants the hug, change your extended arms to a quick pat on the shoulder or back.” Classic. I have had a few experiences when you go in for a hug and it isn’t expected and it’s a little awkward, I’ve even pulled off the back pat instead one time (It was weird, I wouldn’t recommend it!). But in addition to this gem of a find, at the bottom of the page are “Related Links” Which contain well… related links. I must confess right now I must have spend at least a half and hour to an hour lost in reading these wonderful articles. I think they are geared toward socially awkward high schoolers. First and formost on any “how to” ranging from how to cuddle to how to be irresitable and how to kiss, there was the hygeine issue. Make sure that you consistantly wash your clothes and yourself. So, lesson one…if you want a significant other or even friends, don’t be gross. Shower sometimes and brush your teeth! What a great idea! They sum it up best…

“Smell good (You wouldn't want to cuddle up with a piece of dung and neither does he)”

They have pretty much whatever you want from advice on "How to Celebrate Grandparents Day" to “How to Hug a girl taller than you,” Which my roommates and I got a kick out of because Maranda is significantly taller than Anna and I and it has made for some funny times. Love You Mar!

In addition to the “How To” it has sections entitled things like, Tips, Warnings, and my personal favorite- Things you’ll need. For example if you want to cuddle you will need

1. A partner

2. Affection

3. A blanket (optional)

Well, it goes without saying I can’t bring up all of the awesome tips on the website but let me just say it’s so awesome, what a gem! I’ll leave you with a little something for the guys…

“Nuzzle her neck, head, shoulders. Don't get creepy or act like an animal, just be loving and warm.”


Not being creepy is usually always good advice! I love it, ha ha ha!

1 comment:

One Awesome Girlie! said...

That is awesome! I love you so miss molly!