Monday, November 19, 2007

Sadie Hawkins Dance…oh oh oh!

For those of you Relient K lovers you’ll appreciate the title, for everyone else- Sadies was Nov. 9th and it was a blast! It happened to be the night of our first performance so most of the folk dance girls decided to ask the boys on the team and we all went in a big group. I went with David. The theme of the dance was Country Western. So Nikki decided it would be fun to have the boys dress up as cowboys and the girls as cows, and fun it was! A couple of us stayed up until 3 working on our costumes, but it was well worth it. The costumes were fabulous! We had shirts, ears, bells and tails! To complete the effect they boys made up a “brand” with their initials and drew them on our arms. So we started out by eating BBQ chicken on my living room floor- picnic style, because we didn’t have enough chairs. I am also proud to announce that I did help in the cooking of the chicken; it was frozen so it wasn’t full-fledged raw meat horror. I will admit I didn’t do most of the work, Brook did- thanks Brook!

Our Cowboys

Bronson won the contest for best belt buckle.
(It's a license plate- the bright light in the picture)

A Herd of Cows!

We planned an elaborate entrance ot the dance. One of the boys brought a lasso so all the girls climbed in and ran into the dance ringing our bells with our hansome cowboys around us hooting and hollering. We made quite a spectacle. I’m not sure if people thought we were clever or if they just felt embarrassed for us (I’ll pretend the former). Well, David and I danced the night away and had so much fun. One time we were swing dancing and my ears flew off (my cow ears, not my real ears). The bells were great too, especially during the lines dances- you could tell where our group was! The girls even ended up winning “Best Cowgirl!” What a night to remember…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh fetcherooni... I love your blog! I am laughing out loud. (Yes LOL)... Keep writing funny things about the dance team. It is great. Love you!!!