Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Pirate's life for me!

Sometimes Holidays come and go without us really feeling like we got to experience them fully… This was defiantly not the case with Halloween this year. I was on the committee to plan a Halloween party for my dance team and started getting into the Halloween spirit in September. Included in the Halloween excitement was recruiting my mom to make me a Halloween costume, just like old times (or really every time cause I’m never let her stop). She’s just so good at it. So we brainstormed a little bit and decided I would be a pirate. My mom had thought it’d be fun to make a costume like this for a while, so we both started doing our research. Once we had a good idea in our minds she went to work. For those of you who don’t know how my mom works… she is a perfectionist. And my dad described it best when he said, “Molly, she can’t just make a costume… it’s like she’s building the Statue of Liberty” And it’s all true… so I decided to showcase her fabulous work here! Keep in mind our deal was that I had to teach her Sunday school lesson so I went home one weekend and only had one fitting for the whole costume and she mailed it to me a couple days before my first party. Opening the box was like Christmas morning.


It was exactly what I wanted!!! She spent forever just making the jewelry that went with it. Check out the hairpiece and choker, they are both handmade. Also... after she spent weeks making this immaculate costume for me she made a Jedi costume for my brother... in one day. She's amazing. that's all there is to it! Thanks Mom! Love you Lots!


1 comment:

Jessica said...

Your costume is aMAZing! Your mom is too.

It turned out really great, and I totally know what you mean by holidays passing and feeling like you don't fully experience it. That's what Christmas will feel like this year since none of my 12 entries won tickets to MoTab! I hope you had better luck!
love ya